Multi-Story condominiums and apartment buildings and condos present numerous opportunities for mechanical system retro commissioning, energy and water efficiency.
- Common areas are often a focus because the owner pays the expenses
- Opportunities typically include water heating and fixtures, common area lighting and HVAC, parking facilities, and recreation areas
- When owners pay for all utilities, any and all green initiatives are fair game
Beyond improving the cash flow for a community, green buildings can help attract and retain occupants. Further, in many markets there are financial incentives available to offset the initial cost of retrofitting apartments and boost returns.
The timing is ideal to take action:
- Lower operating costs
- Capture time-sensitive incentives
- Attract environmentally conscious tenants
Typical Energy Consumption
- Comprehensive energy efficiency measures in a master-metered community can enhance asset value
- A broad range of financial incentives may offset initial costs and improve financial returns